Yes. I won’t bury the lede. Here’s the short video using my Pebble watch:
I bought my Pebble watch on Kickstarter. The Pebble watches have come a LONG way since that first Kickstarter batch. Perhaps the most significant development was the release of the version 2 SDK which is what enabled the last crop of very cool watch applications. The advances Pebble made in the v2 SDK are absolutely astounding. If you’re a gadget geek you NEED to check the Pebble Developer Page.
Here are some other favorite Pebble apps (available in the Pebble app store – which , SADLY, seems only browsable from the Pebble app running on your IOS or Android device):
- Plex remote (yes, for your Plex entertainment system)
- Readebble (RSS reader – geeky not really that useful)
- Camera remote for your phone/tablet (companion app required)
- AeroTracker (running pace, distance, time – wishing MapMyRun had a Pebble screen)
- GoPro remote
- Sync’ed / offline Evernote shopping list (HOW COOL IS THAT!)
- Pebble Cards (fetch a URL and display it – this has all kinds of cool possibilities)
- and there are MANY more with additions hitting the store every day.
Disclosure: I Kickstarted the HOTWatch as well. Main reason? The video of using that watch I think wearables is going to be HUGE category for innovation.
Note to HOTWatch: You had better be watching Pebble and their ISV community. That’s where it’s at…